Saturday, August 22, 2009

Summer breakfast in August

I woke up this summer morning to an over cast Saturday. I lay in bed with eyes still tired from the busy work week. I listened to NPR on the radio until I finally decided to take my friend from Vietnam to the Farmer's Market for the first time. We had to grab our umbrellas to walk around but it cooled off the hot summer heat at the beginning of the weekend.
We came to my home to find the rain droplets on the flowers and I commented that now I didn't have to water them myself. I took a few snapshots before the droplets disappeared....simple but fresh and beautiful. Caring all summer for the flowers was so worth it.....
We had Turkish Apple tea and shared some of our Zucchini bread from the market. A great summer breakfast after a light rain. I feel lazy and hope the rest of today stays the same way.

No comments: