Sunday, August 4, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit the Baltics, Russia, Finland and Sweden this summer. This was my first trip abroad in about three years. It was so nice to go and explore once again. The sights, the sounds, new everything. I love to learn new things and travel allows one to meet new people, try new foods, hear different languages and just immerse yourself in the new and different on all levels. White nights were beginning as we ventured around this part of the world. I made some friends from Trinidad which was so fun. Long summer nights, people from all of the world. I learned so much about history and the human spirit. It was amazing to go to places like Tallin,Warsaw,Vilnius,Parma,Riga and of course St Petersburg Russia. These are places I learned about in school but were behind the iron curtain. I did not think that I would ever have the chance to personally discover this part of the world myself. I can only say if you ever have the opportunity to visit....go for it. My father's life is coming to a conclusion so I am here in Idaho reconnecting with family and friends. It has been nice to visit, reflect and talk with old friends and family. I am very lucky to have a mobile home office that has afforded me the oppotunity to come here for several months. Life goes by quickly.....say what you want to say to others, be who you want to be, have as few of regrets if you can. I know we all have some as that is part of the life experience. I love summertime. It is still my favorite time of year. I am trying to do a mid life reset. Make the choices that allow me to do what matters most to me the next twenty years. Here a some pictures from my excursion. Baltics and parts North !

No comments: